UMBC’s Program in Asian Studies is dedicated to connecting its mission to other organizations, groups as well as to the general public. Some of the ways it does this is through:
(1) workshops for teachers (National Consortium for Teaching About Asia), hosted by the Center for History Education,
(2) the Music Department’s ongoing series of international symposia addressing Japanese music, which is organized by Dr. Kazuko Tanosaki and Dr. E. Michael Richards
(3) Through an internship program with Longwood Apartments in Columbia, MD
(4) During each academic year, the Asian Studies Program sponsors or co-sponsors of a series of lectures and cultural events, which are free and open to the public. For more information, check the “Events” section of this website.
(5) Educational Food Events held at area Asian restaurants.
DO WE WANT TO INSERT THIS AGAIN National Consortium for Teaching About Asia